2019 DSB Access and Usage Agreement Policies
The 2019 DSB Access and Usage Agreement and Policies have been finalised following incorporation of industry feedback that has been received over the last 12 months, including the 2019 consultation process as well as updates to content that was specific to the 2017-18 contract period and editorial corrections.
The changes to the DSB Access and Usage Agreement and Policies will become effective 1st January 2019.
Estimated 2019 Fees
The DSB provides numbering agency services on a cost recovery basis and, to the extent possible, levies fees through annual contracts that require payment in advance.
An early estimate of the DSB User fees for the 2019 calendar year is being provided in order to assist industry with the budgeting process. In accordance with the timeline announced in May 2018, final 2019 DSB fees will be published on 5th December 2018.
DSB annual user fees are derived using a fee model calculation which comprises the variables Total DSB Cost, Number of Infrequent Users, Number of Standard Users and Number of Power Users fixed at the end of the first Working Day in December each year, as per the DSB Charges Policy.
Estimated DSB 2019 User Fees:
|User Category||2018 User Fees||2019 Estimated User Fees|
|Infrequent User Fee||€3,000||€3,000|
|Standard User Fee||€37,500||€35,750|
|Power User Fee||€112,500||€107,500|
- 2019 Estimated User fees are based on the Estimated DSB 2019 Fee Variables shown below and exclude any applicable VAT.
Estimated DSB 2019 Fee Variables:
|Fee Variable||2018 Estimate Value||2019 Estimate Value|
|Estimated Total DSB Cost||€9.2m||€8.8m|
|Number of Infrequent Users||15||25|
|Number of Standard Users||10||10|
|Number of Power Users||78||78|
- The 2019 Estimated Total DSB Cost is composed of the individual components shown in the below table
- The values for the 2019 user numbers are based on the number of contracts in force as of 30 September 2018. Final user numbers will be fixed at the end of the first Working Day in December and published on 5 December 2018.
- The values for the 2018 user numbers are based on the number of contracts in force as of 5 January 2018
2019 Estimated Total DSB Cost:
|2018 Projected Costs||€9.2m||No change since Jan 2018 projections|
|2019 Expected Cost Increases||€549K||Incorporating €382K service improvements requested by industry as well as incorporating inflation adjustment and increased transparency and market education initiatives|
|2017 Build Cost Adjustment||-€250K||Audited start-up costs were €5,101K versus original budget of €5,853K resulting in a €250K p.a. reduction in amortisation costs in each of 2019/2020/2021|
|2017 Q4 Operating Cost Adjustment||-€687K||Audited 2017 Q4 operating costs were below pro-rata revenue figures, resulting in €687K of excess income|
- 2019 capital expenditure of €500K - €750K on improved functionality requested by industry will be financed directly by the DSB without recourse to 2019 user fees, with users incurring associated amortisation costs starting from the 2020 fee year for 4 years